Upshot are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.upshotdesign.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect about you
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.upshotdesign.co.uk This includes:
• Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us.
• Your name, telephone number, e-mail address, business website address, and any comments you leave when you utilise the contact forms located on our website (‘request a quote’).
• Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on.
• Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
• Information you provided in relation to your proposed design project including specifications, budgets and preferences – personal data is likely to be limited to your name and business e-mail address.
For what purposes do we process your data
This data can be viewed by authorised people within Upshot to:
• Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts.
• Respond to any questions you’ve asked, quotes you have requested, and feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
• Send email alerts to users who request them.
• Provide you with information about local services if you want it.
Why do we process your data
Much of our contact with you will be as part of a potential or existing business relationship. We will ask for your consent to contact you for marketing purposes – we don’t want to bombard you with emails and contact unnecessarily. Where we haven’t explicitly sought your consent, it may be as there is a legitimate interest for us processing your personal data including:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,
• testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
• and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) (except for data that we gather when you sign up to our email alerts).
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
How long do we retain your data
If you are an existing client then we will retain your details for the duration of your project. To enable us to provide services in the future we may keep particular details on record for you such as the type of work completed, the date and design materials. Personal data will be limited and is likely to only include business email address and telephone number. You have the right to ask us to remove your details and you can contact us at the email address below.
If you have contacted us through our website then your details will remain on our email system to enable us to contact you, and if you have indicated you would like to receive a quotation or newsletters then, with your consent, we will retain your data on our systems until you unsubscribe or ask us to stop processing your data.
When you use our design services
Personal data is only processed or stored if you provide it on the survey.
When you sign up to our email alerts
From time to time we may contact you to tell you about the exciting world of design, what’s been going on in the Upshot office and other updates which could include offers and marketing information.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp to deliver our e-newsletters. We will only do so when you’ve signed up to receive these – and you can unsubscribe at any time (although we’d love to still keep in touch, we understand that your inbox gets full pretty quick these days!). There will be a clear opt-out instruction at the base of all marketing emails should you wish to not hear from us.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. As a data processor on behalf of Upshot MailChimp will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more about how MailChimp collects and stores your information here www.mailchimp.com/legal/privacy.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.
We have robust procedures and security features compliant with the GDPR in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
Don’t worry – we won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
Links to other websites
Concerns or complaints
We hope that our contact with you will be a happy experience, but if you are not satisfied with how we have processed your data then please let us know so we can talk to you and put things right. You can contact us on the details below if you wish to make a complaint.
Mount Wise House
1 Discovery Road
You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to any such complaints ico.org.uk.